Next GSOC Board Meeting, Wednesday, August 15, 2018
The next Gopher State One Call Board Meeting is on Wednesday, August 15, 2018. The Open Session of the Board Meeting starts at 9:00 am. The public is invited to attend the Open Session portion of the meeting. If you plan to attend, please contact Barb Cederberg GSOC COO at 651-681-7303 or at Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSOC CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS
Gopher State One Call seeks to review applications for Board membership and/or user’s group participation. In particular, GSOC seeks subject matter expertise from the industry sector of outstate investor owned utilities, and potentially subject matter expertise from other industry sectors not currently represented on GSOC’s Board. Applications should demonstrate strong subject matter expertise and direct industry experience in issues affecting safety, as well as a strong interest in underground damage prevention. Candidates should exemplify a collaborative and cooperative spirit and the ability as well as desire to serve independently from the specific interests of any employer, trade association or other group, so the candidate may serve effectively on behalf of all Minnesota stakeholders. GSOC intends to remain an industry leader in notification center innovation and safety and applicants should be aligned with those goals.
Candidates will be required to furnish an application and confirm they will abide by GSOC board policies, including conflict of interest guidelines which are available from GSOC upon request. Persons demonstrating these qualities and experience are encouraged to apply to the Board for consideration.
Applications should be furnished to GSOC by mail to Gopher State One Call, 1110 Centre Pointe Curve, Mendota Heights, MN 55120, Attention: GSOC Board Secretary, Dean Parker, or by email to email@example.com.
- Aug. 15, 2018 - DRAFT
- Apr. 9, 2018 APPROVED
- Jan. 10, 2018 APPROVED
- Nov. 15, 2017 APPROVED
Highlights: Aug. 15, 2018
- Chairs Report: Legislative report on SB 3870, encouragement to attend CGA and OCC Users Group to increase national engagement.
- Discussion of After Hours Online Ticket Submission and Work Start Date Designation
- MNCAER: discussion of GSOC slide on MNCAER presentation on pipeline safety and the role of GSOC in emergency situations.
- Possible Additional Map Layers: Sewer as built maps from the city of Mpls, posibility of 3D augmented reality locating in the future.
- COO report: Ticket numbers, OCC Users' Group, Extended start time feature, 3 year strategic plan and 3 year technology plan.
- OCC report: Call Center performance, ITIC training sessions changes, and system upgrades.
- MnOps Update: Damage analyses performed by MnOps, process of enforcement, violations, and penalties.
- PR report: Participation in several CGA initiatives, upcoming events including the State Fair, and review of radio and media sponsorships.
Highlights: April 9, 2018
- Chair's Report: Thank you for excellent colunteer attendance at the CGA conference as well as the Minneapolis Home and Garden Show.
- Outreach and PR Review:
- 2 videos produced by channel 9
- Radio interview for National Safe Digging Month
- Promotion with Papa Murphy's for an .11 pizza special
- 811 tree tags at Home Depot and Lowes
- COO Report:
- 2018 ticket volume is down, likely due to weather through the first 3 months of the year, though higher ticket volume overall is still expected for the year.
- Automated marking will not be adopted by GSOC yet.
- Update on the facility operator contact information collection.
- Extended start time feature.
- Pilot porjects with Centerpoint Energy and Minnesota Power.
- Major awareness events this year at the State Fair, Big Iron, Farm Fest and media campaigns with KFAN and Star Tribune.
- 216D update.
- MnOps Update: Expected to hold another 216D meeting specifically on the issue of contact info. Also plans for the locate rodeo.
- OCC Report: User interface redesign and extended start time features are in quality control testing. OCC is in the midst of several software and feature updates to improve user experience. And the center is prepping for busy season by adjusting staffing and schedules as necessary.
- Finance Committee Update: GSOC had an accounting audit this year. Results are expected shortly. Financial performance was slightly higher than expected in 2017.
Next Meeting: August 2018Read More
Highlights: Jan. 10, 2018
- Chair's Report: Thank you for all of the efforts made to improve the call center and operations over the past few years as well as to those who attended this year's CGA conference in Arizona.
- Ticket Extension Software: Discussion of a proposal for a feature that would allow excavator and facility operators to agree to a delayed start that would be reflected on the ticket.
- MnOps Update: Final details of the Annual Pipeline Safety Conference in April, new forms available ont he MnOps website, damage reporting figures for MN, violation trends, planned 2018 MnOps initiatives, and discussion of possible additional operator contact information on tickets.
- COO Report: Summary of 2017 notification center operations, Users Advisory Group, Annual Report progress, MN CGA Excavator/Locator Recognition Program, action items from the 216D Stakeholder meetings, outreach efforts for major fiber obtics projects in MN as well as private facility operators.
- PR Report: 2018 handbook available, 811 Awareness event at the Super Bowl, and the GSOC vehicle.
- OCC Report: Thank you to the Board fro participation in CSR recognition lunch, 2017 operations recap and review, and plans for 2018.
Next Meeting: April 9, 2018
Highlights: Nov. 15, 2017
- MERC Farm Tap Project: Intention is to replace farm tap lines that are customer owned with utility owned lines that are locatable and regulated. At least 10 public hearings are planned so that there is ample opportunity for public input. MERC has received approval for scoping and design of porposed project and if regulatory approvals are received, plans to begin construction in 2019.
- CSR Appreciation Day recap
- User's Group 2017: Post-event thoughts and discussion
- Delayed Responses to Tickets: Industry practice vs. legal compliance
- Safety Initiatives in the locate and excavation industries: Locator Rodeo, MnOps Safety Conference, and a new GSOC safety award program
- GSOC branded vehicle: Proposal for GSOC vinyl wrapped vehicle to be used for travel to DP meetings, awareness and training events in lieu of employees traveling in their personal vehicles.
- COO Report: Increased efforts on public awareness and outreach, web submission of emergency tickets, upcoming initiatives and goals for 2018
- PR Review: Performance recap of 2017 initiatives
- OCC Report: Call center numbers and goal progress, and ongoing projects